Feb 17, 2005

#4: Some Kind of Wonderful Self Medication

It's always a wonderful day when you can pop a Xanax and listen to some tunes that sound 20 years old, right? I think so.

listen up, people!

Pleasure All the Ghosts

"Local Boys" by Pleasure
"Alibi" by 20 Dead Camels
"Wonderful Day" by Dukie
"Self Medication as Self Expression" by All The Ghosts
"Me & My Cousin" by DON'T LOOK NOW
"Revival On Our Knees" by Paul Lane/Butterfly Island

Info on all these artists available at GarageBand.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I haven't listened to episode 4 yet, but I really enjoyed the first three. The bands are almost all new to me--I did happen upon the Animitronics song a while back.

I first recognized my little 80's obsession a couple of years ago. I had a pretty good collection of MP3's from MP3.com. My cousin-in-law had just gotten an iPod, so I made him a copy of all of my music. As I printed out songlists, I realized how old-fashioned my music would probably sound to him. Ah well, ya gotta share.

One last credential--my regular coat is a Member's Only leather jacket, shoulder flaps and all!

Thanks for your efforts to identify "Old Wave" bands. I'll keep listening!

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yo, this 'me and my cousin' track is sweet.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that was me- julien

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finished listening to this on the way back from a play last night... I think other than the super-duper-sweet music choices, I especially enjoyed your comment on the nature of podcasting vs broadcasting. I can totally identify, having one in diapers and two older ones that life is not as easy as the broadcasters seem to make it... nor as easy as the movies said it would be. It's not all angst in the rain while the girl you love is out with Blaine or being on a float singing Danke Schoen...

Rock on.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home