Apr 10, 2005

#8: I've Stopped Making Sense

These songs are so good I stayed up 'til midnight just to play them for you. I am so loopy, I originally named this podcast something I decided was too...adult. Apparently I need some sleep...

click to listen, I guess...


Order "Moonraker" and "Playing Favourites" today at CDBaby.com.
(I think I'm so tired, I refered to the band as "The West Hollywood Show" at the top of the podcast...SORRY!)


Stop Dragging Us Nowhere Baby by The Parkdale Hookers
That World is Love by Saintface
DUM by Nu-tra
Drawing Pictures to Stay Awake by The Smear Campaign
Heavy Rotation by The Wes Hollywood Show

30:21 | 28MB | 128 kbps

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

Dan:

Liked the result of the "it's late at night and everyone's sleeping so I have to be really quiet" voice. It really added to that feel of "whispering in the ear of the listener"; boosting the conspiratorial atmosphere. "Psst! Hey pal, check out these cool songs...yeah, nobody knows about 'em...nobody but me and you..."

Wes Hollywood: Really rocks my world. Elvis Costello meets Jellyfish. (That's a compliment.)

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Danny!

It's the first time I've heard us compared to the Jam before! Does your blog have trackbacks enabled? We've linked to you. Thanks for podcasting us.

- MarkJ (Parkdale Hookers)

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Dan,
I did a major shout out for your show on my show at http://www.Exit50.com
I also ripped off a song to play from your show...I was thinking...If you had some crappy 80's songs in your head that remind you of say a horrible X...just listnen to your show and you can start all over again in the mind.
DOes that meke sence?? I hope so.
Keep up the "I get it" type of show.
Andrew
Exit50.com

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

Adding you to favorites, Ill have to come back and read it again later.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Man there is alot of comment spam I have noticed. Is there any way to remove it from the blogs?

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home